The Campus Safety & Security Officer plays a crucial role in maintaining the safety and welfare of the students, faculty, and staff. Serving under the Director of Campus Safety and Security, the Officer will monitor and encourage ethical behavior that aligns with the student handbook and HR policies, and protects the college community through continuous patrolling, monitoring, and enforcing regulations.
- Patrol Duties: Patrol assigned areas on foot or in a golf cart to ensure personal, building, and equipment security. Examine doors, windows, and premises for security, and use college keys to open and close buildings.
- Monitoring and Reporting: Monitor assigned parking areas, alarm systems, and respond to alerts. Watch for irregularities, such as security breaches, hazards, and report them to the appropriate personnel.
- Enforcement: Inform and warn violators of rule infractions and ticket offenders for traffic and parking violations as needed.
- Emergency Response: Remain alert to emergency situations and assist in response actions, coordinating with police, fire, or ambulance personnel as required.
- Public Assistance: Provide escort services for visitors, students, staff, and faculty; assist with lockouts, jump-starts, and other routine services.
- Education and Awareness: Participate in safety/security programs and complete all mandatory trainings.
- Miscellaneous Duties: Perform other job-related duties as assigned for the safety of our campus community.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to complete routine paperwork and reports.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Willingness to complete all trainings as assigned by the college and the department
Conditions of Employment
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Highschool or Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of security-related experience preferred.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested candidates are encouraged to send a letter of interest, resume, and the names of three references to email@example.com with the subject of the email including ##6## – Campus Safety and Security Officer.