The Graduate Assistant for the Residence Life is a 10 month live-in graduate student position that reports to the Assistant Director of Campus Life.
The GA has the following responsibilities with Residence Life:
- Supervises 2-3 undergraduate Resident Directors and 20 Resident Assistants
- Assists with residence life training
- Participates in ‘on call’ duty rotation
- Provides regular evaluations with student staff
- Participates in weekly staff meetings
Responsibilities in central Campus Life Office:
- Serves as a member of the Campus Life Office central staff
- Maintains all social media and print media for residence life
- Assists with supervising office work study students and their projects
- Tracks and assesses all residence life programming including funds management
- Assists with residence life training and in-services
- Maintains office hours in the office of Campus Life
This position is an August 1 – May 30 position. The GA will work 20 hours a week and must remain a full-time student and be in good academic standing.
Minimum Requirements: Interested candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Candidates must have residence life experience. The candidate must also possess strong leadership and supervisory skills to work directly with undergraduate resident assistants and work study students The ability to work independently as well as be a member of a professional team is needed.
Resume, cover letter and the names of three references can be sent to Alisa Lively, Director of Campus Life at firstname.lastname@example.org Preference will be given to resumes received by March 15, 2023.
To APPLY: Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and the names and contact information of three references to email@example.com. On the subject of the email, please enter: ##13## – GA – Wellness Center. Preference will be given to applications received before March 2, 2023.