The Graduate Assistant for the Residence Life is a 10 month live-in graduate student position that reports to the Assistant Director of Campus Life.
The GA has the following responsibilities with Residence Life:
- Supervises 2-3 undergraduate Resident Directors and 20 Resident Assistants
- Assists with residence life training
- Participates in ‘on call’ duty rotation
- Provides regular evaluations with student staff
- Participates in weekly staff meetings
- Serves as a member of the Campus Life Office central staff
- Maintains all social media and print media for residence life
- Tracks and assesses all residence life programming including funds management
- Assists with residence life training and inservices
- Maintains office hours in the office of Campus Life
- Serves as a member of the central staff of the office of Campus Life
This position is an August 1 – May 30 position. The GA will work 20 hours a week and must remain a full-time student and be in good academic standing.
Resume, cover letter and the names of three references can be sent to Alisa Lively, Director of Campus Life at email@example.com. Preference will be given to resumes received by June 15, 2019.
Minimum Requirements: Interested candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferably in sports management, higher education, exercise science or a related field. Candidates must have residence life experience. Candidates must be accepted into one of WVWC’s graduate programs. A minimum of one year of undergraduate experience in a campus recreation or fitness program and basic knowledge of gym equipment is preferred. The candidate must also possess strong leadership and supervisory skills to work directly with undergraduate work studies. The ability to work independently as well as be a member of a professional team is needed.