West Virginia Wesleyan College is seeking a full-time, 12-month, Custodian.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Perform housekeeping and cleaning of all facilities.
- The essential and marginal functions include: housekeeping of college facilities, performing set-up for special events, securing and unlocking buildings as required, inventory functions, and material requisition for supplies and any additional duties or job descriptions as assigned by administrative personal of West Virginia Wesleyan College.
- Ability to read, write, and understand oral and written communications.
- Working knowledge in the use of custodial equipment and power tools, i.e. buffers, burnishers, scrubbing unit, carpet equipment, etc. Must be knowledgeable of environmental products and their applications and disposal procedures.
- Must be able to climb step ladders.
- 1-year experience in the custodian trade (for new hire only).
- Requires ability to lift 25-50 lbs., climb ladders, twist bend knees, prolonged standing, sweeping and mopping, vacuuming, use power tools, and visually and manually inspect work being preformed on campus as needed.
- Exposure to cleaning products, dust, and dirt on a daily basis.
- Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
As determined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and West Virginia Wesleyan College.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and names and contact information of three references to email@example.com. On the subject of the email, please enter: ##7## – Custodian. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Policy
West Virginia Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to create a favorable work environment in which all employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious affiliation, can enjoy equal opportunities in their employment relationship with the College.