Wesleyan’s student life program features 21 NCAA II teams, regionally-renowned performing arts groups, intramurals, outdoor recreation, nine national fraternities and sororities, religious life, over 70 campus organizations, and the Center for Community Engagement & Leadership Development.
Here are ten great facts about West Virginia Wesleyan College!
- Wesleyan has been listed as a first-tier regional college in the Southeast for the past two years in U.S. News and World Report’s Best Colleges Guide.
- Wesleyan is the only college or university in West Virginia to be listed in the U.S. News and World Report’s Best Colleges “Great Schools at Great Prices” category.
- Wesleyan is ranked 12th among baccalaureate colleges by Washington Monthly magazine.
- Wesleyan is a member of the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.
- Wesleyan has been named a Best Southeastern College in The Princeton Review for 12 consecutive years.
- Wesleyan is one of four colleges and universities in West Virginia to be listed as a College of Distinction.
- Wesleyan ranks first in the number of Appalachian College Association Scholarship recipients over the past five years.
- Wesleyan’s Learning Center was ranked second in the nation in 2012.
- 19 students have been named international scholarship winners (including 14 Fulbright Scholars) during the past eight years.
- Wesleyan has been the number one private school for West Virginia PROMISE Scholars every year since the program’s inception in 2002.